Search This Blog

April 24, 2017

Test Results :: Inchworm


CiM Inchworm is a (very) bright green colour that retains its beautiful translucency no matter how your torture it in the flame.  The consistency and opacity of this colour is very similar to CiM Crocus, which is also a beautiful translucent that stays that way. It melts beautifully, and my rods of Inchworm were not shocky in the least, and it was not prone to scumming either.  I did get some bubbles in it as I worked it, but not very many.


Here you can see that reducing this colour didn't change the essential greenness of it at all. The smaller spacer looks a bit darker, but I think that's just because there's less glass there so you can see more of my photography background through the glass.



The left side of this bead is Inchworm, and the right side of this bead is Poison Apple. I was really surprised because, for some reason, I was not expecting my Poison Apple to lighten and opacify to this degree. But the joke is on me because, when I go back and look at my test beads for Poison Apple, I see now that they were also fairly opaque.

But here is why the result was so surprising.  Rod colour-wise, Inchworm and Poison Apple are very similar. Inchworm looks a touch more yellow, and a little more translucent.


Inchworm seems greener and more transparent than I remember the much-loved, now-defunct Vetrofond Parrot Green being, but it is what I wanted when I first bought Poison Apple. It seems like this colour could easily replace Poison Apple in the palette, because I don't think anyone buys Poison Apple for the first time hoping for it to opacify and be much lighter after working than it was in the rod.  Poison Apple is beautiful in its own right, though, once you get to know it, so maybe enough people love it that we need both after all.

The only way this colour could be made more exciting is if they put sparkles in it.  I would really like some sparkle colours, and green is as good a place as any for that fun to start.


Silver disappears on top of Inchworm until you reduce and encase it. Reducing it and encasing it made it turn a whitish colour with a blue aura. Silver foil does not discolour at all under Inchworm, continuing to gleam through it in an essentially silvery (but begreened) way.


On Inchworm, silver glass is q uite interesting. My reducing silver glass had strong separation reactions and really popped colour-wise, although those colours are not exactly set off by Inchworm's green-ness. I also got beautiful colours from the TerraNova2 frit.


On top of Inchworm, Copper Green, Opal Yellow, Ivory, and Peace all separate. Inchworm is a very friendly colour, getting along just fine with Ivory. Like Ceylon, this colour seems to cause reactions in other colours but stay pretty calm itself.

These beads all contain some Inchworm.




No comments:

Post a Comment