Search This Blog

June 11, 2018

Test Results :: Amphibian

The stock paddle photo of CiM Amphibian (CiM 423) is a very interesting two-toned green colour, so when I started using this I thought the beads would come out that way. They don't, but the uniform grey-green colour that Amphibian does yield is beautiful.

I really enjoyed using this colour. It is a pretty green that has an interesting reaction profile. It doesn't react negatively with Ivory and other sulfur-containing colours and it fumes brown with silver. This is not unlike what I have observed with Effetre Grasshopper, but Amphibian is a bit bluer, and quite a bit greyer than Grasshopper.


Amphibian doesn't change when you reduce it.


Silver crusts up on top of Amphibian and turns it a yellowish brown colour. When the silver is reduced and encased, it evens out on the surface of the bead and looks uniformly silvery.


On top of Amphibian, silver glass frit blooms. In both of these beads, I got excellent colour in the silver glass. In the leftmost bead where I reduced the frit, you can see a golden aura around the fritty bit edges.


Copper Green, Opal Yellow, Ivory, and Peace all separate on top of Amphibian. Amphibian separates on top of Tuxedo, Copper Green, Opal Yellow, and Ivory (but, oddly, not Peace.)

On top of Amphibian, Opal Yellow also develops a strange dark yellow line around it. I'm not really sure what to make of this reaction because I've never seen it before, but I quite like it.

These beads all contain a little Amphibian.







No comments:

Post a Comment