Search This Blog

March 19, 2020

Test Results :: Oracle746.pst


Double Helix Oracle746.pst is a very pale green opaque colour. It's very well-behaved, and I quite like it as a cooler base colour.


This colour does not change when you reduce it.


Oracle746pst is quite reactive with silver. You can see in the leftmost bead that the silver all turned brown on top of it. Reducing and encasing the silver gets rid of the brown, instead making the silver silvery again under the clear in a gentle, mother-of-pearl way with hints of blue and pink.


I was expecting, because of the strong reactions with silver, for this glass to foster colour in my striking silver glass a bit more, but I was wrong. My reduced silver glass frit fumed this colour a bright yellow.


I would not call this colour reactive with other colours, either.  It is, however, prone to separate. You can see here how it has done that under Tuxedo and on top of basically everything.  Ivory both spread like mad on top of it.

Here are some other beads that include Oracle746pst.





No comments:

Post a Comment