Search This Blog

June 8, 2021

First Look :: Pink Pansy

CiM Pink Pansy (CiM930) is a medium transparent pink colour. The colour is a little warmer than what I typically get from CiM Cranberry or Effetre Rubino Oro, and a bit lighter in saturation than Cranberry (Rubino Oro varies from batch to batch, so it's hard to say something really definitive about it here). This colour does not require any special handling in the flame to develop its rich, pink colour.



Other testers have posted about this colour having a butterscotch aspect to it, but for one reason or another, I didn't really see that in my test beads.


Silver leaf isn't very interesting with Pink Pansy, and so I almost didn't bother doing the next test. I'm glad my fixed habits sometimes win out over my lazier impulses or I'd never discover anything good :)


Silver foil under Pink Pansy is a rich coppery gold. This is a really beautiful result, but the most exciting thing about it is that colours that turn a rich gold like this make gorgeous silver glass frit stringer.


This is Pink Pansy pulled into frit stringer using my random blend of TAG and Double Helix reduction colours. I've put it over a core of pink pansy in most of the beads, which is why you can see a lot of pink poking through. The beads on the very ends give you an idea what the stringer would look like without the pink core. 

And here is a fun pair I made. The base of these is Effetre Skyberry, and I've also used some CiM Mediterranean in here. The windows are made with aqua dicroic.

No comments:

Post a Comment