So, to celebrate the beginning of my sixth (wow!) year of blogging about glass, I am going to go back and do the same thing I did in my first year, only hopefully I will be a bit better at it this time around :)
I can't use the same colours I used in 2009, because many of them have been discontinued, and I don't still have all of them. Also, it would be unfair to any of you who want to play along to use colours that are no longer in production. So... I have revised the list a little bit, and for the foreseeable future, I have restricted my palette according to the following set of rules (copied from my 2009 post):
- The palette must have no more than 15 colours. Black, Clear, Ivory and Dark Ivory don't count as colours and are always in the box as staples.
- At least five of the palette's colours must be transparent.
- Silver Glass colours do not count towards the total since they are used mainly as an accent.
- I must use the same palette (see #5) for at least eight consecutive torching sessions.
- I am allowed to make ONE adjustment between torching sessions if I decide that I really don't like a particular colour or if there is a new colour begging for me to try it RIGHT NOW, but if I put something new in, I must take something else out.
- If I make any adjustment between torching sessions, I lose credit for the sessions I've completed with the palette to date and have to start over again (see #4). If the change was because I ran out of something, I can just carry on normally.
- I start with around 1/4# of each colour. When I use up all of the rods of a given colour, I can select a new colour to replace it, or just grab another 1/4# of the same colour if I don't feel done with it yet.
- Effetre Spanish Leather
- Effetre Striking Orange
- Effetre Opal Yellow
- Effetre Kelp
- Effetre Apple Blush
- CiM Slytherin
- CiM Shrubbery (you could use Olive, Leapfrog, Split Pea, Goblin, etc)
- Effetre Mosaic Green
- Effetre Copper Green
- CiM Mint Lozenge (you could use Poseidon or Kryptonite)
- Effetre Dark Violet
- CiM Evil Queen
- Effetre Lizard
- Effetre Oliva Nera
- Effetre Wood Legnos
- Staples: Tuxedo, Peace, Intense Black, Ivory, Dark Ivory
- Silver Glass: Assorted Colours
- Metals: Silver Mesh, Silver Wire, Copper Mesh, Silver Leaf, Silver Foil
- Dichro: Dichro on Clear (various colours)
- Goldstone: Gold Aventurine Chunks
What do you think? Do you want to play along? If so, get your colours and join me on January 1st. I will be blogging about my progress, and will show you all the beads I make and how I combine these colours to hopefully stunning, but possibly hideous, effect.
I may start earlier, but apparently I have to go to Australia this month, I'm pretty sure I have one more trip to the east coast before mid-December, and my mom is visiting in December. Also, Christmas is apparently going to happen again this year. There just isn't enough time in my days!