Search This Blog

June 12, 2021

First Look :: Avalon Milky & Avalon Misty

CiM Avalon Milky (CiM4003) and Avalon Misty (CiM4002) are soft, minty, pale green, translucent colours. They melt beautifully, with no bubbles or scumming. These glasses are really only different as regards their opacity, so I feel like it is makes sense to post about them together. In general, I typically prefer the misty colours to the milky ones because I enjoy the brightness of them, and this was true for me with Avalon as well.


You can clearly see here the difference between the milky and misty versions of this colour. They are both beautifully translucent, but the misty beads show just a bit brighter and lighter because more light is passing through them.


Silver Foil under Avalon turns an odd lemon yellow colour.

I decided to try this just because the silver foil turned a bit yellow, but it turns out that lemon yellow is not quite yellow enough to do anything impressive with the frit. These streaky results are pretty, but they are also achievable by using regular colours rather than the expensive silver glass ones, so I'll never do this again.

Here are some fun beads that I made with these colours. I'm not really sure which is which now, but you can rest assured that whichever of these colours you choose to buy, you're getting something pretty neat. The butterfly murrini were created by the lovely and talented Jackie Gundelfinger.



No comments:

Post a Comment