Search This Blog

March 27, 2011

Test Results :: Pink Champagne Unique #1

1 - Plain, 2 - Plain (reduced), 3 - w/ Silver Leaf, 4 - w/ Silver Leaf (reduced & encased), 5 - Over Silver Foil, 6 - w/ TerraNova2 Frit, 7 - w/ Silver Glass Frit (reduced), 8 - w/ Silver Glass Frit Stringer, 9 & 10 - w/ Tuxedo, Copper Green, Opal Yellow, Ivory, Peace

"What?", you exclaim indignantly. "I am positive you said up there in the title of this post that this colour was called Pink Champagne Unique #1, which really sort of implied that it would look at least a little bit pink."

Sure, that's true.  I did say that and it does... just not under white or flourescent lights. Here is another picture of these test beads taken under the dim incandescents in my kitchen, on my kitchen counter. Sorry for the picture quality... couldn't be helped.



So, depending on the lighting, CiM Pink Champagne Unique #1 looks either quite pink or quite grey. In either case, it has a definite lavender bent to it.

I found this colour pretty easy to work with, and not especially boily/bubbly, although it was difficult not to get at least some microbubbles. I haven't used the regular Pink Champagne yet, so I'm not really sure if the observations I'm making in this post are applicable only to the unique or if they'd hold water for the regular batches of Pink Champagne as well.


When silver leaf is applied to Pink Champagne Unique #1, the silver disperses and forms a sort of webby film on the surface of the glass and causes the glass to discolour to a golden brown colour, which is much more noticeable under white/flourescent lighting.  If the silver leaf is subsequently reduced and encased, the silver layer appears thicker, with a faint blue tinge to its edges.


Pink Champagne Unique #2 turns silver to a gold colour when you put it over silver foil and heat it gently enough that the silver stays intact under the encasement.  Under incandescent lighting, because the encasement layer looks quite a bit pinker, the result is an odd, superbright orange.


There is nothing especially exciting about using silver glass with Pink Champagne Unique #1.  I was sort of disappointed, because I had high hopes for the frit stringer test.

 

There is not really much to report on in terms of reactions here, although I feel certain that if this colour were more saturated there would be a lot of weirdness.

Copper Green develops a light outline when you use it on top of Pink Champagne Unique #1.

My Ivory dots look sort of mottled on top of this colour, but I'm not sure if that is because of the Pink Champagne Unique #1, or if it's because my most recent batch of Effetre Ivory is just more prone to mottling than the last couple I've had. The Pink Champagne Unique #1 developed a sort of dirty stripe down the middle of some of the stringer lines I made with it on top of Ivory, and in places also developed a faint brownish outline.

Peace separates and gets a translucent line down the middle of stringer lines when used on top of this colour.

And this is a fun bead with Pink Champagne Unique #1.  I used it as the base colour in the middle of the bead and also as the encasement layer.

No comments:

Post a Comment