Search This Blog

December 27, 2019

Test Results :: Bayou


CiM Bayou (CiM469) is a beautifully reactive, light to medium grey opaque colour. On CiM's website, you will find it described as grey-green or as having a hint of green, but my experience of this colour is that it is grey. I didn't see any greenish tones in it at all until I tried it with silver.


Bayou is a bit of a striker, going a touch browner and a touch darker when I reduced it.


Silver leaf on top of Bayou makes it blush a greenish yellow colour. When the silver is reduced and encased, it looks white.


Bayou is a very interesting base colour for silver glass. I love the starting strike I got in my TerraNova2 frit with this colour.


Tuxedo makes Bayou rise up around it in little separation halos.

Bayou separates on top of Copper Green and Opal Yellow.

Ivory and Bayou have a mutual dark line reaction. On top of Ivory, Bayou both separates and develops a dark line against the Ivory. Putting Bayou on top of Ivory made it look darker and bluer.

Here are some other beads that contain Bayou:




No comments:

Post a Comment