Search This Blog

January 9, 2020

Test Results :: American Beauty


It has taken me a long time to get around to using my American Beauty (EFF643). This Effetre "cool colour" is strange in the rod, looking more like a cloudy red filigrana than a streaky red transparent.

I liked this colour much more than I thought I would because the paddle pictures that are displayed for it at most online vendors make it look truly hideous. My core takeaway from these test beads? Try everything. The paddle colours unfortunately tell us almost nothing about a colour.


American Beauty is unfazed by a bit of reduction.


On top of American Beauty, silver crusts up and turns a patchy blue. When the silver is reduced and encased, the blue is more evident.


Silver Glass is really pretty on top of American Beauty. I got good results from both my reducing colours and my striking colours. The reactions are more subtle and the colours are much more vibrant than what I got performing the same tests with Striking Red.


American Beauty is not very reactive. I got a little fuzziness in my Ivory stringer dots and lines on top of it, but that's it.

Here are some other beads made with American Beauty.





No comments:

Post a Comment