Search This Blog

June 18, 2020

Test Results :: Pale Purple (Pale Amethyst)


Effetre Pale Purple (EFF046), also called Pale Amethyst, is a very pale purple transparent colour. It is not very reactive with silver or other colours, and is reasonably well-behaved in the flame, resisting my "expert" attempts at boiling it.

Overall, I quite like this colour. I don't use a lot of pale transparents in the beads I typically make, but I like having one in each hue group that I can call on reliably when I need one.


Pale Amethyst doesn't change colour when you reduce it.


Here you can see that silver stays silver under Peal Amethyst. When silver is reduced and encased on top of Pale Amethyst, it develops a bluish haze.


Pale Amethyst is a decent base colour for silver glass, but it doesn't cause any magic to happen. in the striking silver glass frit. I quite like the way the reduction frit looks.


On top of Pale Amethyst, Copper Green separates and Ivory spreads and looks 'floaty'. Ivory and Peace both spread like mad on top of it, but Opal Yellow stays crisp and thin. Other than those observations, there's not much more to see here. Pale Amethyst is not very reactive.

No comments:

Post a Comment