Search This Blog

June 26, 2017

Test Results :: Sea Mist


CiM Sea Mist is an appropriately named, pale blue, cloudy, transparent colour. I found it a little bubbly and scummy, and since I don't use a lot of pale transparent colours in my work I had some trouble figuring out what to do with it.


Here you can see the reducing Sea Mist (the bead on the right) doesn't really change its colour. That bead does look a bit darker, but that is because I use a dark background and the bead is smaller than the bead on the right. Sea Mist is not completely transparent.


I didn't do my frit stringer test with this colour, but since it turned the silver foil a golden colour when it was used over top of it, it might have worked. If you are curious, give it a try :)  I use a homemade frit blend with a random, motley, ever-changing collection of Double Helix and TAG reduction frits.


You can see in the leftmost bead that the reducing silver glass has fumed the Sea Mist with a yellowish tinge. Apart from that, there's not much to say about these beads. I think Sea Mist makes a pretty average base colour for silver glass.


Tuxedo spread on top of this colour and looks pale around the edges.  I got some separation in Copper Green, Opal Yellow, and Ivory when those colours were used on top of Sea Mist.

Here's a gobstopper bead pair made with Sea Mist. I used it as the base colour as well as in the encasement layer on the raised windows.

1 comment:

  1. Hello! I could have sworn I've been to this site before but after
    reading through some of the post I realized it's new
    to me. Nonetheless, I'm definitely delighted I found it
    and I'll be book-marking and checking back frequently!

    ReplyDelete