Search This Blog

September 3, 2018

Test Results :: Dark Sky Blue


Effetre Dark Sky Blue (EFF228) is a medium, turquoise opaque colour. Its reaction profile is similar to that of Light Turquoise or Dark Turquoise. In fact, this colour is so similar to Dark Turquoise that I have trouble telling the two apart in rod form. I did, however, find that this colour pits less than Dark Turquoise.


Here, you can see the greyish metallic sheen that Dark Sky Blue develops. This is the same sort of greyness that we see with Light and Dark Turquoise and Copper Green. Reducing the bead on the right made the grey sheen deeper and darker.

It is the unpleasant dirtiness that Effetre Dark Sky Blue and Dark Turquoise acquire in the flame that makes me prefer CiM Fremen and CiM Smurfy when I'm looking for a turquoise that is in this hue range. The CiM colours don't do this icky thing.


On top of Dark Sky Blue, silver leaf takes on a greyish-green appearance. When the silver is reduced and encased, though, it looks more of a yellowish-pink colour.


Silver glass on top of Dark Sky Blue surprised me a little because I never think of turquoise when I'm choosing a base for silver glass. It seems like maybe this means that I am resistant to my own testing information, because I looked back and found that I got neat results from silver glass on top of both Light Turquoise and Fremen but apparently failed to remember it. I guess that's why I keep posting these - I need this blog as a reference :)

On top of Dark Sky Blue, my silver glass reduction frit developed pretty colours, and an interesting light outline around the fritty bits. In the rightmost bead, the TerraNova2 frit got a nice starting strike to it.


Dark Sky Blue separates on top of both Tuxedo and Copper Green, and it develops a dark line when used with Ivory. Opal Yellow separates on top of Dark Sky Blue.

These beads all contain a little Dark Sky Blue.




No comments:

Post a Comment