Search This Blog

November 13, 2017

Test Results :: Multicolor



Reichenbach Multicolor (RL6209) has changed a little since the first time I used it, indicating to me that it might not be all that consistent from batch to batch. This most recent supply that I got is much easier to strike and a little darker than the last batch of this colour that I tried.

This colour is less saturated hue-wise than Multicolor Dark, more reactive with other colours (the reactions are similar, just more intesnse), and I found it a bit slower to strike.

Multicolor is fairly stiff, making it nice to work with sculpturally, although its striking nature means that you need to be careful to keep even heat or you end up with a sort of blotchy result.


Making a simple spacer from multicolor, I got very pretty, variegated greens and blues. When I reduced a Multicolor bead, I got a shiny gunmetal purple.


When silver leaf is melted into the surface of Multicolor, it looks a uniform light teal colour, except for where there are gaps in the silver layer. When the silver is reduced and encased, it looks more yellowish, and the multicolor peeking through the gaps, instead of looking blue, looks a reddish purple colour.


Multicolor is very reactive with other colours.  It separates Copper Green, Opal Yellow, and Peace, and forms a serious dark line reaction with Ivory.

Here are some other beads made with Reichenbach Multicolor:


Here in the goddess bead, you can see that in the places where I reheated the surface with some concentrated heat (nipple and belly button areas), I got a very strong strike to purple.



2 comments:

  1. Everything is very open with a clear explanation of the issues.
    It was really informative. Your website is very useful.
    Many thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thinks its very hopeful post and very important post for us.
    thanks for your great and helpful presentation I like your good service.I always appreciate your post.

    test the mind

    ReplyDelete