Search This Blog

September 30, 2019

Test Results :: Medium Blue


Effetre Medium Blue is a medium blue colour when used in concentration, but is very pale when used in fine layers. It's a good base colour for silver glass, and it has interesting reactions with silver but is not terribly reactive with other colours.



Medium blue does not change when you reduce it.


Silver goes yellowish on top of Medium Blue, but when you reduce it it goes all blue and cloudy.


My reducing silver glass looks a bit dull on top of Medium Blue, but it also has good delineation. I got a great starting strike from my TerraNova2 frit on top of this colour, so I'll flag this as one of the colours that's nice under striking silver glass.


Medium Blue is not a very reactive colour. I was pleasantly surprised that it didn't react with Ivory.

If you look closely at the bead where I've used Ivory and Opal Yellow on top of Medium Blue, you can see an interesting thinning of the colour around the edges of the stringerwork. I think it might be fun to use this effect in little dot beads, so I know what I'll be doing with the rest of my Medium Blue.

Here are some other beads made with Medium Blue:




No comments:

Post a Comment