Search This Blog

February 27, 2020

Test Results :: Oracle751.pst


Double Helix Oracle751.pst is a soft, slightly off-white opaque. I enjoyed this colour most in layered dot beads with other, brighter colours. While this colour has a bit of translucence in thin layers, it still provides good coverage. Its slight translucence increases its appeal to me as a layering colour since the light can play in and around it in more interesting ways than with colours that are more fully opaque.


Oracle751.pst does not change when it is reduced.


This colour fumes yellow with silver. When encased, this combination's appearance does not change.


You can see the yellow fuming here with the reducing silver glass frit as well.  I didn't get a very interesting starting strike from my TerraNova2 frit with this Oracle751.pst, but it was enough that I can see this colour as a passable (if not magical) base for silver glass.


Tuxedo bleeds into this colour something fierce, and you can see that around the Tuxedo stringer lines and dots, the Oracle751.pst has gone quite bluish. You can also see the transparency of this colour in thin layers where I've used it over Tuxedo. Apart from that and this colour's tendency to separate on top of Ivory, I did not notice anything else of significance.

Here are some fun beads with Oracle751.pst:


No comments:

Post a Comment